Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Tpd4 V2.7

Can't get v2.7 to load on my desktop, and on my laptop it won't connect to my NI's
Any Ideas?

Comments

• It's running for me, but...

...ever since installing 2.7 I've been getting the following error on a regular basis (several times a day) when running TPDesign:

"Runtime Error, R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call"

These are the details I get in the error report:
    "AppName: tpdesign4.exe AppVer: 2.7.0.545 ModName: uxtheme.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Offset: 00001531"

After that, the Microsoft "Dr Watson postmortem debugger" attempts to deal with the error and also crashes, lol.

8-/
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    ekeppel wrote:
    ...ever since installing 2.7 I've been getting the following error on a regular basis (several times a day) when running TPDesign:

"Runtime Error, R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call"

These are the details I get in the error report:
    "AppName: tpdesign4.exe AppVer: 2.7.0.545 ModName: uxtheme.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Offset: 00001531"

After that, the Microsoft "Dr Watson postmortem debugger" attempts to deal with the error and also crashes, lol.

8-/
    I've been getting that too. It seems to be related to the connection; it only happens after or during the loading of a panel, and often if the master got reset while TPD was still connected. I'm to the point where I make good and sure I save before loading, and hit disconnect every every transfer.
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    I have also seen several times that if you try and connect to a master that isn't there - ie choose the wrong 'profile' by mistake, the whole show hangs and ends up quite an ugly mess too.
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    I have noticed a couple of other little 'things'.

One of them is if you select a button and then go to the text properties for it, you no longer get a non printable char for LINEBREAK if you have forced one with <CTRL> <ENTER> in this field.

ie to write the words 'dial call' on two lines in a button, the text box property used to look *something* like this:

dial▌call ...and it would show up as:

dial
    call

in the button....now its just:

dialcall ....in the property box yet the button manages to still display the two lines.

The unicode editor still shows the LINEBREAK chars.

Not so simple to work with actually..
  • I'll add my voice to the growing din. I get a crash the second time I transfer a to a panel. I save as well, but I've found that disconnecting between transfers doesn't help.

Jeff
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Same here! I haven't paid enough attention to tell exactly what the sequence is but it's possibly after a transfer when I go back to NS2 and then a short time later back to TPD4 it crashes.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I crash it all the time now; bad habits.

I don't use NS to load panels, I use TPD4. While I am in development or touch-up mode, I'll have both running with all the appropriate files loaded. I freqently will update a panel, then update code on the master, forgetting to disconnect TPD4 first. This never used to be a problem; TPD4 just notified me that it lost the connection. Now, it crashes about 80% of the time when I do that. Whatever they did to "fix" connection issues in fact made them worse.