Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Tpd4 V2.7

Can't get v2.7 to load on my desktop, and on my laptop it won't connect to my NI's
Any Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    It's running for me, but...

...ever since installing 2.7 I've been getting the following error on a regular basis (several times a day) when running TPDesign:

"Runtime Error, R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call"

These are the details I get in the error report:
    "AppName: tpdesign4.exe AppVer: 2.7.0.545 ModName: uxtheme.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Offset: 00001531"

After that, the Microsoft "Dr Watson postmortem debugger" attempts to deal with the error and also crashes, lol.

8-/
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    ekeppel wrote:
    ...ever since installing 2.7 I've been getting the following error on a regular basis (several times a day) when running TPDesign:

"Runtime Error, R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call"

These are the details I get in the error report:
    "AppName: tpdesign4.exe AppVer: 2.7.0.545 ModName: uxtheme.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Offset: 00001531"

After that, the Microsoft "Dr Watson postmortem debugger" attempts to deal with the error and also crashes, lol.

8-/
    I've been getting that too. It seems to be related to the connection; it only happens after or during the loading of a panel, and often if the master got reset while TPD was still connected. I'm to the point where I make good and sure I save before loading, and hit disconnect every every transfer.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    I have also seen several times that if you try and connect to a master that isn't there - ie choose the wrong 'profile' by mistake, the whole show hangs and ends up quite an ugly mess too.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    I have noticed a couple of other little 'things'.

One of them is if you select a button and then go to the text properties for it, you no longer get a non printable char for LINEBREAK if you have forced one with <CTRL> <ENTER> in this field.

ie to write the words 'dial call' on two lines in a button, the text box property used to look *something* like this:

dial▌call ...and it would show up as:

dial
    call

in the button....now its just:

dialcall ....in the property box yet the button manages to still display the two lines.

The unicode editor still shows the LINEBREAK chars.

Not so simple to work with actually..
  • Options
    I'll add my voice to the growing din. I get a crash the second time I transfer a to a panel. I save as well, but I've found that disconnecting between transfers doesn't help.

Jeff
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Same here! I haven't paid enough attention to tell exactly what the sequence is but it's possibly after a transfer when I go back to NS2 and then a short time later back to TPD4 it crashes.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I crash it all the time now; bad habits.

I don't use NS to load panels, I use TPD4. While I am in development or touch-up mode, I'll have both running with all the appropriate files loaded. I freqently will update a panel, then update code on the master, forgetting to disconnect TPD4 first. This never used to be a problem; TPD4 just notified me that it lost the connection. Now, it crashes about 80% of the time when I do that. Whatever they did to "fix" connection issues in fact made them worse.