Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

sleep button

I have a request to add a sleep button to an 8400 in a WDS in a conference room. They want to be able to press a button to sleep the display like the button on the bottom of the wired panels. Is there a code in TP4 or does this need to be done programatically?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    I think the right way is to go in TPD4, Menu-> Project Properties->Panel Setup Information and define a command for SLEEP. It can be literally "SLEEP" or wahtever, which will be triggered by using SEND_COMMAND to the TP device.
    Works just fine with MVP5200i.
  • Options
    Asking out of curiosity, not as a rebuttal...

Couldn't the same function be accomplished just by using SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'SLEEP'", without doing anything in the panel set-up?
  • Options
    I guess. I believe the setting there is for receiving the string as feedback when falling asleep on its own.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    I guess. I believe the setting there is for receiving the string as feedback when falling asleep on its own.

true.

You could copy the button from the setup pages (don't know if there is a sleep button there, but if it is, you can copy it :p )
  • Options
    ondrovicondrovic Posts: 217
    Asking out of curiosity, not as a rebuttal...

Couldn't the same function be accomplished just by using SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'SLEEP'", without doing anything in the panel set-up?

Just tried this on a 7500 and it seems to work

Send_Command dvTP,"'SLEEP'"
    Send_Command dvTP,"'WAKE'"

That's cool :)
  • Options
    Just to through out another option.

You can also use the loop back port on a button.

in button properties, under the program tab set the command port to 0 (loop back port) and type

SLEEP

for the command output. Now when ever that button is pushed the panel will go to sleep. No extra code required!