Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

DBX Zonepro 1261m

Just a quick question. I am using the module off the zonepro site and i am trying to figure out controlling zone volume. What is the protocol in the documentation that I need to do to control volume output in each zone. Basically what I am trying to accomplish is having a single volume page that shows the volume. based on the way i am reading it the module only does this for two zones. It is my first time using the box so help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    bneal wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I am using the module off the zonepro site and i am trying to figure out controlling zone volume. What is the protocol in the documentation that I need to do to control volume output in each zone. Basically what I am trying to accomplish is having a single volume page that shows the volume. based on the way i am reading it the module only does this for two zones. It is my first time using the box so help is greatly appreciated.

You can control each output volume. You control the channel (1-6) (mono channels). So say zone 1 is stereo, you'd have to link the two in DBX using a RS232 to adjust the settings. Then you would need to change volume for channel 1.

So to change 'zone' 1 you need to send: "'LEVEL=1:O:output_number:level"
    So in this case it's: send_command vdv_dbx,"'LEVEL=1:O:1:',itoa(level.value)";

Good luck.
  • I have programmed to control dbx 1261m over LAN for last 3 days and was able to trigger commands to the dbx from emulate device and control a device options. But dbx has stopped communicating to the AMX from yesterday. It does not responce to the commands. I tried using both serial and LAN. I observed it gives error code 11 and the port Status shows Offline in diagnosis window. Please help me what this error mean and what I can do it fix it.?
    please Note I am able to access dbx zonepro in Zonepro designer software.

• Do you see responses from serial when you turn on notifications in Studio? Just trying to get to a quick foundation on what we are working with.