Home dbx User Forum dbx Live & Portable Products

DBX PA2 Loading Screen stuck

I have a dbx pa2 drive rack and when it is powered up, it does not go past the loading screen, I have tried a soft reset and a hard reset but when I hold down the utility/store buttons to perform the respectable functions the screen still does not change from the loading screen. I have also tried to update the firmware, the unit goes through the process and says that it was successful in installing the update but when it is finished it remains on the same loading screen. Also when I run the updater again it keeps saying that I am running an older version of the firmware although I have just successfully updated the software. I have tried to run audio through the drive rack and I get no signal from any of the outputs. i have tried holding down the recall button and that changes some text on the loading screen to "SDC USB enabled" but the screen still does not change. Is my drive rack just a paper weight now?

Best Answer

Answers

• walfrettwalfrett Posts: 10
    I also have a pa2 and having similar issues...when powered up it says front panel update required, but it does not respond to anything i have tried, which includes a soft and hard reset and i also tried to update firmware with no luck. Does not go through the update process at all.
  • a dbx rep contacted me about the driverack, basically saying that the firmware is corrupted and it can be sent to be repaired.

Thanks for the update. I will give them a call.
  • if you do decide to go through with it, could you let me know the cost to fix? I am located in the Caribbean, and shipping is a cost in itself, I ask the cost but didn't get a response. Hopefully yours is still under warranty.

Ok, i’ll let you know how it goes. There’s no warranty on mine though. I think they come with a 2 year warranty and i’ve had mine for a while, but hardly get used.
    Hey, i got mine up and running again
  • Really? what did you do? or did it just happen like a ghost in the machine?

• groundupdesigns@gmail.com, thank you so very much, if this works, I would really be happy.

Email sent. Good luck
  • It worked, thank you so very much, I owe you. I am eternally grateful.

Ok thats great. You’re welcome.
  • Hello @walfrett ! Are you all right?

Walfrett, I saw that you were able to troubleshoot the PA2 Display issue, "Front Panel Update Required".

I have this same problem!

Please can you email me the file for recovery?

I will be very grateful to you! :)

My email is: haroldomoreno@hotmail.com

• Is this PA2 file to clear the existing firmware still available? I could use a copy.

• @john_kaufman and @DjHaroldo please send your email address and I ill send the file to you

• Hello @walfrett , I seem to have the same problem, can you forward the file to admin@x0r.at, many thanks!

• Es posible que me compartan el archivo, tengo el mismo problema Gracias
    feelingentretenimiento@gmail.com

• Hello, this evening my PA2 strarted having a similar issue... it is stuck at boot at the screen where it shows the firmware revision and it is unusable, no connection can be made to it through the network connection.
    I tried both soft and hard reset but with no success.
    Is it something that the file you mentioned on this page could solve?
    mauro.munzi@outlook.com
    Thank You So Muck
    Mauro
  • zakramazakrama Posts: 4
    edited September 2019

Hola que tal sera posible que me compartan el archivo, ya que tengo el mismo problema con mi PA2 de antemano muchas gracias
    mi correo es
    zakrama@gmail.com

• Hi! Same problem here. I got the link to manufacturers updater file, but unfortunately link was dead. Does any of you have stored the file PA2ManufacturingUpdater.zip somewhere? I'd be very thankful.

• @pascal25 said:
    Hi! Same problem here. I got the link to manufacturers updater file, but unfortunately link was dead. Does any of you have stored the file PA2ManufacturingUpdater.zip somewhere? I'd be very thankful.

send your email please.

• pascal25pascal25 Posts: 2
    edited September 2019

@Nicholas_Sampson said:

@pascal25 said:
    Hi! Same problem here. I got the link to manufacturers updater file, but unfortunately link was dead. Does any of you have stored the file PA2ManufacturingUpdater.zip somewhere? I'd be very thankful.

send your email please.

thanks

• Muchas Gracias amigo Nicolas_Sampson, archivo recibido, en cuanto lo heche a andar les cuento que sucedio
    Saludos a todos

• same problem with my PAw2..please send me a file of firmware to wipe out the old firmware
    my email Add : joel50801@gmail.com
    Thank you very much

• @pascal25

I had the same problem, please send me the updater the crazychung@yahoo.com

thanks

• I HAVE SAME PROBLEM HER.. MY PA2 ALWAYS HANGUP
    CAN I ASK FAVOR? DO YOU HAVE A COMPLETE COPY OF FIRMWARE OF DIRVERACK PA2?
    IF YOU HAVE ONE.. CAN I ASK SOME........... MY EMAIL ADD IS : joel50801@gmail.com

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

JOEL

• Same problem here, can you send the manufacturer's updater to ehart.vio@gmail.com please? Thanks!
  • mi driverack pa2 prende y sale la pantalla sin firmware encontrado usb listo que puedo hacer hay no sale de hay necesito ayuda

• mi driverack pa2 prende y sale la pantalla sin firmware encontrado usb listo que puedo hacer hay no sale de hay necesito ayuda
    correo jaime39gt@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.