Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

PCM Total Bundle: mac OS 10.5.x Catalina Compatibility

Hey there! Does anyone know when or if Lexicon will update the PCM effect and reverb plugins to make them compatible to macOS 10.5.x Catalina?

Thank you!

Comments

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,123
    edited May 2020

    @stn1978 said:
    Hey there! Does anyone know when or if Lexicon will update the PCM effect and reverb plugins to make them compatible to macOS 10.5.x Catalina?

    Thank you!

    We are working on the fix, follow this thread for all information:
    https://proforums.harman.com/lexicon/discussion/136620/pcm-native-effects-on-macos-mojave-install#latest

  • Geri_OGeri_O Chief Engineer, AVA Entertainment Studios, Jackson, MS Posts: 5

    Hey, Harman_EElde. Thanx for your diligence and persistence on this situation...

    I tried downloading the PCM Native Bundle to my brand new MacBook with Catalina and tried all the 3rd-party recommendations for installing the plug-ins, but nothing worked (neither the Reverb Bundle nor the Effects Bundle). Is this the compatibility issue with Catalina that everyone is raging on about?

    I work at a studio with Studio One on a Windows machine (I'm a staunch Mac guy, but I have no complaints at all with the Windows/Studio One set-up). It's working very well, in fact. We use and frankly wear out the PCM Native Bundle at the studio, so I decided to get the Bundle for my MacBook.

    I'm an adult and I know how these things work, plus I can do anything of my own work at the studio, so I won't give you or anyone else any guff about the situation. I'm just asking if the incompatibility with Catalina is the reason I can't get the Bundle loaded onto my Mac. If so, I'll just wait for things to be worked out. I may give Preston a call as well, since he's great with help and helped us get things going because an over-zealous and frankly badly-inexperienced engineer I replaced tried to load the Bundle onto the studio machine without the iLok in place.

    Thanx for any guidance and I'll stay tuned....:o))

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,123

    @Geri_O said:
    Hey, Harman_EElde. Thanx for your diligence and persistence on this situation...

    I tried downloading the PCM Native Bundle to my brand new MacBook with Catalina and tried all the 3rd-party recommendations for installing the plug-ins, but nothing worked (neither the Reverb Bundle nor the Effects Bundle). Is this the compatibility issue with Catalina that everyone is raging on about?

    I work at a studio with Studio One on a Windows machine (I'm a staunch Mac guy, but I have no complaints at all with the Windows/Studio One set-up). It's working very well, in fact. We use and frankly wear out the PCM Native Bundle at the studio, so I decided to get the Bundle for my MacBook.

    I'm an adult and I know how these things work, plus I can do anything of my own work at the studio, so I won't give you or anyone else any guff about the situation. I'm just asking if the incompatibility with Catalina is the reason I can't get the Bundle loaded onto my Mac. If so, I'll just wait for things to be worked out. I may give Preston a call as well, since he's great with help and helped us get things going because an over-zealous and frankly badly-inexperienced engineer I replaced tried to load the Bundle onto the studio machine without the iLok in place.

    Thanx for any guidance and I'll stay tuned....:o))

    Yeah the issue is only with the PCM Native Effects Bundle out of the PCM Total Bundle. You can try the standalone installer for the PCM Native Reverb Bundle here and just use that as opposed to the PCM Total Bundle installer:

    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-aax-vst-au-rtas-v1-3-8-mac-os-x-intel

    They are working on it and hopefully fixed ASAP, last I heard a beta is to be making it out there.

  • Geri_OGeri_O Chief Engineer, AVA Entertainment Studios, Jackson, MS Posts: 5

    @HARMAN_EElde said:
    Yeah the issue is only with the PCM Native Effects Bundle out of the PCM Total Bundle. You can try the standalone installer for the PCM Native Reverb Bundle here and just use that as opposed to the PCM Total Bundle installer:

    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-aax-vst-au-rtas-v1-3-8-mac-os-x-intel

    They are working on it and hopefully fixed ASAP, last I heard a beta is to be making it out there.ii

    Hey again. Yes, the standalone installer for the reverb bundle worked fine. That's 90% of what I need anyway. Awesome!

    I'll look for the Native Effects Bundle release. Thanx again!
    Geri O

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,123

    @Geri_O said:

    @HARMAN_EElde said:
    Yeah the issue is only with the PCM Native Effects Bundle out of the PCM Total Bundle. You can try the standalone installer for the PCM Native Reverb Bundle here and just use that as opposed to the PCM Total Bundle installer:

    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-aax-vst-au-rtas-v1-3-8-mac-os-x-intel

    They are working on it and hopefully fixed ASAP, last I heard a beta is to be making it out there.ii

    Hey again. Yes, the standalone installer for the reverb bundle worked fine. That's 90% of what I need anyway. Awesome!

    I'll look for the Native Effects Bundle release. Thanx again!
    Geri O

    You're very welcome and I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for the follow up Geri!

Sign In or Register to comment.