Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software
Options

M1 Apple Silicon and VST3 support

124»

Comments

• Options
    easyridereasyrider Posts: 6
    edited February 15

If you want to reduce cpu use audiogridder server on the DAW machine…Client and server works on a single PC.

Here is a test I did using the Newfangled Audio Recirculate plugin…one instance running in Studio One the other running in Audiogridder…

Massive difference at the cost of latency…

Let me know how you get on with Mac M1 and PCM as a stop gap thats hopefully not for eternity.

• Options

Very Very disappointing still no update! My go to reverb plugins are about to become obsolete as I move to my Mac Studio M1 Ultra.
    Already looking at alternatives, its a sad day. Come on Harman!

• Options
    plfplf Posts: 7

Come on Harman, make it happen!

• Options

Come on Harman, make it happen! ⭐️

• Options
    C_JuulC_Juul Posts: 1

Feels like this is the end for this plugin.

• Options
    studiotonstudioton Posts: 16

@C_Juul said:
    Feels like this is the end for this plugin.

feels like this will become the most requested plugins for Apple Silicon on the planet
    Q1 2024 is almost over :(

• Options
    janr83janr83 Posts: 7
    Come on Harman, show us that you care about your customers! Please communicate the status to us. You have no idea how eagerly everyone awaits this update..
  • Options
    easyridereasyrider Posts: 6
    Any news ?
  • Options
    jmsteele313jmsteele313 Posts: 24

I do hope this is at LEAST in internal beta by now.

• Options
    vlushvlush Posts: 1
    edited March 20

Please- this is the only reverb I like! Should I request a refund and buy the hardware instead?
    Releasing a U2B build should be a straightforward task, I can't understand why this would take 3+ years.

• Options

Yeah... you know I'm trying very much to be patient and I feel for the Harman rep on this forum. I continue to have faith that an update is coming, but the length of time it is taking really is bordering on the indefensible. The only reason I myself am not more upset is that my primary DAW runs on Mac and uses Audio Units so thanks to Rosetta 2, I can still run the Intel version of these plugs without having to "dumb down" the DAW itself by having to launch it in Rosetta mode. Thanks to Blue Cat Audio PatchWork, I can technically run them in Cubase or ProTools using PatchWork as a shell, but that's a workaround that all this time later shouldn't be necessary.

Again, I don't know, but I suspect that pro audio software is something of a "red headed step child" over at Harman. It looks like they tend to make the bulk of their revenue of embedded systems and car audio or whatever. Pro Audio software is a niche and it seems very obvious it is not a big priority over there. I guess I should just be grateful it has not, AFAIK, been abandoned altogether.

• Options
    yazanyazan Posts: 7

The first quarter of 2024 has come to a close. Please provide us with the update on Lexicon PCM.

WHERE IS THE UPDATE!!!!

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

No updates of any kind unfortunately. I said they were shooting for Q1 2024, unfortunately the dev could not reach that goal. I wish I had better news for everyone but alas I do not.

• Options
    > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > No updates of any kind unfortunately. I said they were shooting for Q1 2024, unfortunately the dev could not reach that goal. I wish I had better news for everyone but alas I do not.

it's not an April Fools' Day joke!?
  • Options

@studioton said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    No updates of any kind unfortunately. I said they were shooting for Q1 2024, unfortunately the dev could not reach that goal. I wish I had better news for everyone but alas I do not.

it's not an April Fools' Day joke!?

That would be my biggest wish to be one for you guys, I'm sorry :(

• Options
    > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > That would be my biggest wish to be one for you guys, I'm sorry :(

EElde, can you tell us if there will ever be an update ? Or it will never be
  • Options

@studioton said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

I've been assured that there will be one.

• Options

@HARMAN_EElde said:

The "dev." Singular. Bummer. Well I hope she/or he is well caffeinated. I'll be happy to send a Starbucks gift card. :)

• Options

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@studioton said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@studioton said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

HARMAN_EElde Thanks for being the front contact for us. I know you often get the worst of it on the front lines but I wanted to let you know I appreciate the updates.

Looking forward to good news soon!

• Options

I appreciate the updates too. But I need to face it. I need to stop checking here every week and make it once a month. Probably every two months. I honestly went to bat on behalf of Lexicon and had cynics rip on me about how Lexicon is never gonna do it and it's vaporware, etc. I honestly didn't think it would be this long and I need to just forget about it for a while and check maybe every TWO months actually because it's a snail's pace. Again, I'm just glad I'm able to use AUs. If I was dependent on another format where I was forced to run my DAW in Rosetta to use them, I'd be quite upset. At least I got the bundle at bargain pricing... sigh.

• Options
    MemesonicMemesonic Posts: 2

It's been nearly 2 1/2 years since an update. You should check 6 months at most.
    Most companies would fire their developers if it took this long. Instead, Lexicon is doing a slow walk to abandon-ware.
    Garbage support on software.
    I don't know how they think this division continues when word of mouth is out there that they don't support their products. We used to buy licenses for every hardware system. Years ago that stopped when Lexicon stopped maintaining their products (not to mention the last two "updates" introduced bugs! -- so even worse.)
    We won't even consider the hardware. 40+ useless licenses.
    This is one way to end a subdivision, Harman.

• Options
    edited April 4

Yeah guys all I can do is echo the frustrations - I've gone beyond any defending the actions of the company here to just being pretty let down too. I definitely update the proper people above me, product managers, developers etc. The only thing I hope is with Harman's acquisition of Flux that they have a team in place who will revitalize the plugins and hopefully that will mean more regular updates. I am just as ashamed at the lack of commitment to customers who use these plugins by Harman at this point.

With some exceptions I don't use the plugins much anymore myself (and I'm running Windows environment) because of the instability and crashes and issues with projects loading.

• Options

Well in an effort to keep things civil after just having to ban users and remove a few abusive comments. I am closing this thread. Thanks to all of the guys who echoed frustrations in a civil way and shared in the absurdity of this drama. I know it's not ideal but we're not going to tolerate outright abusive posts.

When some news is available. It will be announced.

This discussion has been closed.