Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Signature 12 MTK / Windows 10 / Either mic works or audio works, drive me crazy

Hey there,
I bought a signature 12MTK a year ago.
Everything worked fine, never had to complain a single time, was happy with it.

But one day, in late October 2020, I connected to a Teams meeting as everyday as i'm working for home, and my mic input was not working anymore. Still had the audio working fine, and I could hear my voice trought my headphones when raising the fader on my channel.
I said to myself "It should be a driver update or something silly I will resolve later".
But since then, I can't manage to have my mic AND the audio out working at the same time.
I tried everything : Pilot update, removing it, replace it (3.20) with disable driver signature enforcement option on, switching usb port, switching channel.
No matter what I do, I can't make it work. I even made a Windows backup.

It drives me seriously crazy, as it just stopped working for no reason.

Please, help me out with this, you'll save someone.

Cheers !
Tim

Comments

• Can you get any audio out from the Signature's USB Port to the computer? If not this sounds like some sort of hardware issue with USB on the console. If you're in the USA you should contact tech support at +1 (844) 776-4899 - option 2. They will confirm with some troubleshooting ideas and recommend an independent service center or send it back to us for repair.

I believe this is covered under a 3 year warranty if you have proof of purchase.

• timsoytimsoy Posts: 2
    edited January 2021

Hey Harman_Tder,
    Yes I can get audio out from usb (11/12) but if I do the mic is not recognized by windows. Or the other way : mic's working, but not the audio.
    Thanks for your reply

• Apologies for the delay -I've forwarded this to our Product Manager for Signature Serieas as there seems to be several reports similar to yours. I'm not sure if its related to Windows 10 driver where i know we have an issues. Hopefully will have more comments soon.

@timsoy said:
    Hey Harman_Tder,
    Yes I can get audio out from usb (11/12) but if I do the mic is not recognized by windows. Or the other way : mic's working, but not the audio.
    Thanks for your reply

• I think, that's exactly the same question/issue, I posted yesterday in this forum. With the MTK both directions (in Win 10: Speaker+Microphone) don't work simulteneously :-(

• Yes- It is and I have forwarded your (jurgen) question along with others to the product manager for his comments/feedback. If you wanted to try an experiment- download the USB driver for the Notepad (which we have updated to be compatible with Windows 10) and see if that fixes the problem. I'm not sure it will but would be good to know. Its the same driver for both Notepad and Signature. We just have finished testing and documenting it for release for Signature. https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/softwares/notepad-firmware-and-control-panel-setup-windows-v2-0-4-windows

If you do try it-please report back in and let me know the results.

Best,

Tom> @Juergen23 said:

I think, that's exactly the same question/issue, I posted yesterday in this forum. With the MTK both directions (in Win 10: Speaker+Microphone) don't work simulteneously :-(

• payownpayown Posts: 5

just curious if we have any update on this?
    thanks

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

I never got any reports back but i believe this is likley due to the current Signature Driver not working well with Windows 10. Its taking FOREVER for us to test and release the Windows 10 driver for Signature. However you can us the Notepad Driver. You can download it from this page https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/products/notepad-12fx#downloads_and_docs . There is no risk in doing so and i have had no reports of issues with it. You can always go back to the official Signature driver.

Do let us know if it fixes your issue.

@payown said:
    thanks

• Hi!

Thank you for this suggestion and very sorry for the delay in getting back.

I just found this form again, after googling a problem i'm trying to solve.

I'm not sure if your suggestion is related to the problem i'm having with this board, however I did remove the driver and installed the driver for notepad.

When i bring audio in from to voip on chan 1, it is very low.

Currently i bring audio into a track in reaper, boost it by 18 db, set hardware output to CHan 1/2, press USB RTN, and Master on 1, and then tell VOIP to grab from master LR.

The problem with this is that Master needs to be pressed so I can here in my headphones.

It would not work well if I pressed mast on 3-4 (the channels I have voip coming out to) as then this would be picked up by the software and sent back into it.

Do you have any other suggestions for ways I may be able to accomplish using the 12MTK with a Q2U Mic into VOIP or is the way I have it the only reliable way to do it?

E.G. is it possible to just boost chan 1 or 1/2 as windows sees it as a group, so that VOIP (zoom, Discord, Skype, or cleanfeed) can here me?

Thanks for all your help/suggestions.

@HARMAN_Tder said:
    I never got any reports back but i believe this is likley due to the current Signature Driver not working well with Windows 10. Its taking FOREVER for us to test and release the Windows 10 driver for Signature. However you can us the Notepad Driver. You can download it from this page https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/products/notepad-12fx#downloads_and_docs . There is no risk in doing so and i have had no reports of issues with it. You can always go back to the official Signature driver.

@payown said:
    thanks

• edvardedvard Posts: 1

@HARMAN_Tder said:

@payown said:
    thanks

Just made an account to say I had this exact problem as OP, and the driver you linked works perfectly.

I had an issue where Windows either uses the microphone, but crashes the audio out, OR audio works, but microphone has no input. My developer intuition says this is a Windows driver error. Starting Windows 10 fresh will make the audio work, but not the mic. Restarting Windows Audio from Services will make the mic work, but audio crashes.

New Notepad driver works perfect for Signature MTK12. You should add a note or something on the MTK12 driver page to try this, as I had this issue for probably 4-5 months now, tried all kinds of stuff without luck and had to delve deep to find this thread.

• dayzdayz Posts: 5

@HARMAN_Tder said:

@payown said:
    thanks

Hey - so it is now Oct of 2023 and what is the deal with support of Signature MTK's? Still no driver on Windows 10 or 11 officially?

I tried the Notepad mixer Driver install which seemed promising based on this post - but, on Windows 10 - doesn't work. The cute UI opens for Soundcraft, but then it just does not see the mixer. Yet, Windows sees the device, but with no driver.

Does this product even have a Product Manager anymore? The support pages and download pages aren't even current to these problems and I guess you sell to few of them and fewer complain - but, this is a $1000 mistake right? From the legendary Soundcraft.

Like it worked out of the gate when I threw it on an aging laptop with Windows 7 ~ and I thought how amazing to have something work. Now, when I really wanted to use this device on a project I waste basically this whole day on you all and your failings to update a driver properly or the docs. Because it won't work in a later this century operating system.

Unreal.

Dayz

SOLUTION BELOW FOR WINDOWS 10.

First, you all are total clowns at Soundcraft nowadays I tell you that. No excuses. I get all the history of Soundcraft support in the US and probably attrition, but there is no excuse for Harman to even deal anyone the kind of bs it pushes out because it trys to support the popular marginal products vs. things semi and pro people try to use!

Anyone getting to this post - here let me play Product Manager - Harman mail me my paycheck...

1. Go here:
    https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/software

2. Now open your eyes its a whole new day, and use my guide:

1. Use fingers and hand or your mind telepathically with your mouse, trackpad, trackball, Apple pencil, stylus (it might work given it all) and click the LX10 download for the:

Multi-channelUSBAudio_DriverSetup_v3.23.0

not the

Multi-channelUSBAudio_DriverSetup_v3.20.0

You're welcome.

Dayz

edited October 2023

And magic and (proof) - no wacky workarounds or anything:

The only hero is the developer who got that v3.23.0 out the door for the apparently beloved LX10 users. I intend to find this person and give them a cash bonus/tip!

Granted it is the same driver with no improvements since the inception other than to wrap it up for newer operating systems etc.