Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Signature 12 MTK / Windows 10 / Either mic works or audio works, drive me crazy

Hey there,
I bought a signature 12MTK a year ago.
Everything worked fine, never had to complain a single time, was happy with it.

But one day, in late October 2020, I connected to a Teams meeting as everyday as i'm working for home, and my mic input was not working anymore. Still had the audio working fine, and I could hear my voice trought my headphones when raising the fader on my channel.
I said to myself "It should be a driver update or something silly I will resolve later".
But since then, I can't manage to have my mic AND the audio out working at the same time.
I tried everything : Pilot update, removing it, replace it (3.20) with disable driver signature enforcement option on, switching usb port, switching channel.
No matter what I do, I can't make it work. I even made a Windows backup.

It drives me seriously crazy, as it just stopped working for no reason.

Please, help me out with this, you'll save someone.

Cheers !
Tim

Comments

  • HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

    Can you get any audio out from the Signature's USB Port to the computer? If not this sounds like some sort of hardware issue with USB on the console. If you're in the USA you should contact tech support at +1 (844) 776-4899 - option 2. They will confirm with some troubleshooting ideas and recommend an independent service center or send it back to us for repair.

    I believe this is covered under a 3 year warranty if you have proof of purchase.

  • timsoytimsoy Posts: 2
    edited January 14

    Hey Harman_Tder,
    Yes I can get audio out from usb (11/12) but if I do the mic is not recognized by windows. Or the other way : mic's working, but not the audio.
    Thanks for your reply

  • HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

    Apologies for the delay -I've forwarded this to our Product Manager for Signature Serieas as there seems to be several reports similar to yours. I'm not sure if its related to Windows 10 driver where i know we have an issues. Hopefully will have more comments soon.

    @timsoy said:
    Hey Harman_Tder,
    Yes I can get audio out from usb (11/12) but if I do the mic is not recognized by windows. Or the other way : mic's working, but not the audio.
    Thanks for your reply

  • I think, that's exactly the same question/issue, I posted yesterday in this forum. With the MTK both directions (in Win 10: Speaker+Microphone) don't work simulteneously :-(

  • HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

    Yes- It is and I have forwarded your (jurgen) question along with others to the product manager for his comments/feedback. If you wanted to try an experiment- download the USB driver for the Notepad (which we have updated to be compatible with Windows 10) and see if that fixes the problem. I'm not sure it will but would be good to know. Its the same driver for both Notepad and Signature. We just have finished testing and documenting it for release for Signature. https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/softwares/notepad-firmware-and-control-panel-setup-windows-v2-0-4-windows

    If you do try it-please report back in and let me know the results.

    Best,

    Tom> @Juergen23 said:

    I think, that's exactly the same question/issue, I posted yesterday in this forum. With the MTK both directions (in Win 10: Speaker+Microphone) don't work simulteneously :-(

  • payownpayown Posts: 3

    just curious if we have any update on this?
    thanks

  • HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

    I never got any reports back but i believe this is likley due to the current Signature Driver not working well with Windows 10. Its taking FOREVER for us to test and release the Windows 10 driver for Signature. However you can us the Notepad Driver. You can download it from this page https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/products/notepad-12fx#downloads_and_docs . There is no risk in doing so and i have had no reports of issues with it. You can always go back to the official Signature driver.

    Do let us know if it fixes your issue.

    @payown said:
    just curious if we have any update on this?
    thanks

  • payownpayown Posts: 3

    Hi!

    Thank you for this suggestion and very sorry for the delay in getting back.

    I just found this form again, after googling a problem i'm trying to solve.

    I'm not sure if your suggestion is related to the problem i'm having with this board, however I did remove the driver and installed the driver for notepad.

    When i bring audio in from to voip on chan 1, it is very low.

    Currently i bring audio into a track in reaper, boost it by 18 db, set hardware output to CHan 1/2, press USB RTN, and Master on 1, and then tell VOIP to grab from master LR.

    The problem with this is that Master needs to be pressed so I can here in my headphones.

    It would not work well if I pressed mast on 3-4 (the channels I have voip coming out to) as then this would be picked up by the software and sent back into it.

    Do you have any other suggestions for ways I may be able to accomplish using the 12MTK with a Q2U Mic into VOIP or is the way I have it the only reliable way to do it?

    E.G. is it possible to just boost chan 1 or 1/2 as windows sees it as a group, so that VOIP (zoom, Discord, Skype, or cleanfeed) can here me?

    Thanks for all your help/suggestions.


    @HARMAN_Tder said:
    I never got any reports back but i believe this is likley due to the current Signature Driver not working well with Windows 10. Its taking FOREVER for us to test and release the Windows 10 driver for Signature. However you can us the Notepad Driver. You can download it from this page https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/products/notepad-12fx#downloads_and_docs . There is no risk in doing so and i have had no reports of issues with it. You can always go back to the official Signature driver.

    Do let us know if it fixes your issue.

    @payown said:
    just curious if we have any update on this?
    thanks

Sign In or Register to comment.