Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

How to connect external effect to Soundcraft signature 12?

Can somebody help me please, i would like to connect external effect to Soundcraft signature 12 and cant do it , there is no send fx , Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    ShrivyShrivy Posts: 1

Me too. Love the mixer but on-board fx are not quite good enough quality. Tried using a Behringer FX2000 (which has fab clean reverb for semi-pro use) but couldn't. Understand about routing it back through a channel and using aux (rather than the 'missing' FX return), but couldn't get it to work. I'm sure it can be done - I just don't know how and can't find anything online. Most info using external fx assumes the mixer has seperate FX in/out.

• Options
    HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

This is very simple to do. Use an Aux Send- Patch from either the Aux 1, 2, and/or if not using the internal FX-Aux3, into the external FX Unit. You would then patch the output or outputs of the FX unit back into one of the Signature's Stereo Returns using inputs 7/8 or 9/10. Make sure the Signature's Aux Send Master is turned up to around the 2 Oclock position-there is a hash mark you can use as a r eference. Then turn up the aux send from the channel or channels you want to have the effect on. You shoud see input indication on your external FX unit. Then in theory all you need to do is bring up the fader on the Stereo FX Return, make sure its assigned to the Master Fader and blend in how much of the FX you want to hear.

Also see Page 14 from this link. Its our old Soundcraft Guide to Mixing which has long since been removed from our site but still available from other people posting it online.

https://music.arts.uci.edu/dobrian/w14/music151/thesoundcraftguidetomixing.pdf

• Options

Brilliant!! thanks so much for that info HARMAN_

• Options
    GrunnaGrunna Posts: 2

I assume from this that I can send, for example, all the vocals to Aux 1, then send Aux 1 to an external compressor. I would then return from the compressor to a return on input 7/8 or 9/10.

I am feeling a bit dumb with this question, but wouldn't the uncompressed signal from the vocal channels still go to the master, as well as the compressed signal coming into 7/8 or 9/10. OR would I take not direct the vocal channels to the MST.

I hope this is clear. I am just about to buy a Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK but I like to use my 2 channel dbx compressor on certain channels live. Ideally I would use one group/aux on vocals and one on drums.

Also, is it possible to use group sends for this purpose.

• Options

I'm having trouble with the Aux 3 send /FX signal ... Is there any way to bypass the internal FX and only use the external FX sent out thru the aux port? I'm not thrilled about the internal Lexicon FX to be honest!

• Options

@Grunna said:
    I assume from this that I can send, for example, all the vocals to Aux 1, then send Aux 1 to an external compressor. I would then return from the compressor to a return on input 7/8 or 9/10.

I am feeling a bit dumb with this question, but wouldn't the uncompressed signal from the vocal channels still go to the master, as well as the compressed signal coming into 7/8 or 9/10. OR would I take not direct the vocal channels to the MST.

What is finally the solution? Not sending the vocal channels to the MST?