Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Compact Flash Cards

12346»

Comments

• Options
    tom9933tom9933 Posts: 1
    CV7 V2.57.54 file?

Hello I also have a panel that was new in the box, found in a closet, that never goes past the AMX logo. Does anyone have a CF image that I could try? The card shows V2.57.54 Thanks Tom
  • Options
    yep

well after much frustration, it seems an attempted firmware update on my CV7 didnt go so well, and now it doesnt boot. After mistakingly sending it to AMX thinking they could just reflash the card for a small fee (considering we are a dealer and this is my personal panel), I was terribly wrong. $155 to look at it, and quote for $1120 to repair, I asked for it back and have since been on the hunt hard to restore this 64MB CF card to get my panel operational again.

If anyone has any files of assistance for this model panel, inbox me. Card is a SimpleTech PC2258-C V2.46.38
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Just go to ebay and buy a used panel for $50-$150. So many dealers and ex-dealers are trying to dump their AMX gear while it still has some value so you can find perfectly good stuff for a pennies on the dollar.
  • Options
    Dear colleagues!
    When you update the firmware on the panel MVP-7500 got out error memory card. The panel starts up logo and enters the black screen, if I save an image map? Can someone share a way v2.86.41 ?
    Or there may be more options for recovery except service center?
  • Options
    KielLKielL Posts: 30
    Hello, I'm hoping some kind soul may be able to help me out. I recently bought 2 CV10s off eBay for about $50 only to find out the CF cards had been removed from both of them. They boot up to the AMX logo but never get beyond that. I was able to get a partial refund at least. I'm hoping someone may have a saved CF image I could use to copy to a new card and try booting them with that. The boot diagnostics says it's bootloader v2.71.8 Sep 10 2008 12:02:25. I may try to pick up another CV10 on the cheap but I'm not quick to jump back on eBay just yet after getting burned.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Sorry, should have mentioned these are both NXT-CV10/PB.
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    KielL wrote: »
    Sorry, should have mentioned these are both NXT-CV10/PB.

I have a CV10 image using OnBelay but I don't know what version firmware it is. It may still work, probably worth giving a crack?
  • Options
    I'll definitely give it a shot, thank you Mush! I've been patiently watching eBay for another panel to drop below $50 but haven't seen much pop up yet. Can you post it somewhere for me to download? My email is klofstrand@spscom.com if you'd prefer to send it straight to me. Thanks again!
  • Options
    I do have a working NXT-1200V panel, and had previously tried using that to see if it would at least boot to where I could load CV-10 firmware, but it would kernel panic during boot up. But anybody trying to resurrect a dead panel is welcome to try the image from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26914532/AMX/nxt-1200v.img
  • Options
    G'day KielL,

You can find the file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-CV10_512MB.7z
    The software that was used to create the image can be found here: http://www.compuapps.com/onbelay-v2-files-recovery-with-backup/

Good luck!
  • Options
    Many thanks, Mush! I now have 2 functioning touchpanels!

It was a little tricky at first: they would boot to the first page of the project, but I could find no way to get into the setup pages after that. Pressing and holding the setup button would give me the beep sound like it acknowledged I wanted to go into setup, but no change on-screen. I tried going in through Telnet but the setup command had no effect either. I ended up mounting the CF card in Ubuntu, manually editing the config file to point to my master's IP address, and then popping it back into the panel. This time it showed up as a device on the network, and I was able to push the latest firmware to it. After the firmware updated, the setup pages worked fine but the calibration was way off. After resetting the calibration, panel seems to be working great!

Thank you.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    ... I could find no way to get into the setup pages

If the FRONT BUTTON ACCESS is turned off in the panel image, it won't let you in. But the old "put your thumb in the middle of the screen and hold it there while applying power, keep it there til it boots" should nearly always get you to the configuration page... this goes way back...

• Options
    Many thanks, Mush! I now have 2 functioning touchpanels!
    Thank you.

Great news!
    No worries, happy to help.
  • Options
    Hi John, I also tried the finger on the screen while the panel boots, no luck; sent 'SETUP' command to panel from Netlinx Studio, no luck; typed 'SETUP' in Telnet, no luck. I couldn't access any of the setup pages until I reloaded the latest firmware to both panels. Luckily, editing the configuration file on the CF card manually allowed me to point the panel to my NI-3100 so I could try reloading firmware. Really glad that AMX decided to use an XML structure for configuration rather than some type of binary.