amxcjc wrote: »
If you are running FW version 2.103.52 there is a backdoor way to have the setup pages come up at startup.
1) Reboot the panel
2) You will see AMX logo come up, then after a few seconds you will see 3 dots below the logo.
3) When you see the dots first come up, press the bottom right side of the screen. The bottom right press will only be detected for a few seconds while the dots aren't moving, so you have to be quick.
4) The dots will begin to scroll and the panel should start up into the setup pages.
Some other options:
1) If you know the IP, telnet into the panel and type "setup"
2) If you are running FW before 2.103.52, you can upgrade the FW over a USB stick (to 2.103.52). See users guide for instructions. Then you can follow the procedure I described above.
3) You can also revert to factory firmware. This will completely revert the panel back to factory condition, so make sure you are ok with losing all your pages/settings!. When the panel boots up, press the "3 dots" before they start moving. This will initiate a revert to factory firmware recovery.
vincen wrote: »
Thanks for the info about use of "dots"
vining wrote: »
Now i have to boot mine up and check out these moving dots. All i recall is AMX30 in some sort of paint brush font and what's the 30 all about anyway. 30 years in biz?
DHawthorne wrote: »
Panels up to the MVP-8400 would go into setup if you held your finger in the middle of the screen while powering it up. Not sure if the "dot" trick supersedes that in the newer models.