Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion

UI16 WILL NOT FULL RESET

I have a couple of UI16's and love them. One however due to a user changing all the WIFI and admin passwords I require a Full Reset but can't get it do perform. I have tried a USB with an empty text file called fullreset.txt. USB was inserted, reset button held in, unit powered on and reset button held for 10 seconds. Unit allowed to boot up, unit then powered off for 15 seconds then turned back on. NO reset performed.

Any help would be great.

TIA

Comments

• wrpwrp Posts: 5

I have same problem with ui12

• BorjaBorja Posts: 2

The reset procedure is not well documented, so it gets complicated.

The procedure is:

• Prepare a USB thumb drive with an empty file called fullreset.txt
    • Turn it off
    • Wait for 15 seconds or so
    • Plug the thumb drive
    • Press the reset button and keep it pressed
    • While keeping it pressed power up the unit
    • Now keep the reset button pressed for 10 seconds
    • Release it
    • Pay attention to the Master output LEDs. They will be glowing while the unit starts up.
    • WHEN THEY STOP GLOWING GOING ON AND OFF ABRUPTLY, POWER IT DOWN.

That's the key step. I have just verified it on mine.

• I have done what you said but still there is no fullreset. I got a problem after the updates and trying to get back to factory settings.

• Hi brsoundman has this been sorted?
  • fullreset.txt does not clear/reset passwords. You need to do similar procedure but use masterpass.txt

• after two days of doing all the above...no luck...besides using a hammer, what else is left to try?

• You need to provide more info:

• Why are you trying to do the full reset- what issues are you having?
    • Is USB Key/Stick being recognized at all?
    • Confirm that text file shows only fullreset.txt
    • What happens (or doesn't happen) when you perform the procedure

@tlcpuravida said:
    after two days of doing all the above...no luck...besides using a hammer, what else is left to try?

• no password is working to adjust levels for aux channels.
    tried changing master password as described, no luck
    tried reset with pushing button only, holding 10 seconds while firing up...nothing
    did the usb drive with fullreset.txt; then tried with masterpass.txt...nothing
    usb is working, exported shows to it
    held reset in past 15 seconds, etc...nothing

• thank you!!!! finally, got it!!!

• Ha! Great to hear... Thanks for reporting back in.

Tom

• asm11369asm11369 Posts: 1

I want to Factory reset my Ui24. I want it to be just like it was when I first took it out of the box. How do I do that?

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

From the manual... (this does not clear passwords)

Full Reset
    This method removes all updates you may have performed on the mixer and returns the unit to its
    default factory shipping firmware and state. All settings, snapshots, users, profiles and shows will be lost.
    Please ensure you have saved/backed up any shows before resetting your Ui.
    1) Create a test file named fullreset.txt (no contents necessary) and copy to a USB stick
    2) Insert the USB stick into one of the Ui’s USB ports.
    3) Use a slim, long object to hold the reset button down for approximately 10 seconds while you power on
    the unit.
    4) The Ui will recognise the fullreset.txt file on the USB stick and perform a full factory reset.
    5) You must power cycle the unit and reconnect the client device. Power off for at least 10-15 seconds before powering back on.
    Note: A flick of the power off/on will almost always fail to boot properly, and can get stuck (with continuous
    flashing blue Wi-Fi LED). Make sure to power off, wait 10-15 seconds, then power on. The blue Wi-Fi LED
    will pulse/flash for around 10-15 seconds then remain on.

• abelardoabelardo Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    La cuestión está en el ordenador a la hora de crear el archivo full reset.
    Resetea todo lo que hay en souncraf excepto la actualización.
  • abelardoabelardo Posts: 2
    Hay que decir al ordenador extensiones vistas a la hora de generar en archivo. Y que "txt" Lo haga el propio ordenador.
  • what was it that finally solved it?

• Do I need to do a firmware update before I can reset the master password? I have tried the method described above 15 or more times with no luck.

• In case anyone was paying attention at all…I finally got it to work. Not sure how. Tried for a few days. On my last and successful attempt, I made sure the file said fullreset.txt.
    Powered the unit off, waited 15 seconds, said a little prayer, inserted the drive, held down reset switch, powered on the unit while continuing to hold down reset, waited until Wi-Fi light was solid blue (about 25 seconds!), let go of reset, powered unit off, kept the usb stick in the drive and waited another 15 seconds or so, powered the unit on with the stick still in, and voila.

Weird part is this: it didn’t do a full reset, it only reset the master password. Which was what I wanted anyway. Good luck, folks.

• jacopojacopo Posts: 1

Found the problem!!
    Nobody here told that the file in the usb drive is to be named: fullreset and not fullreset.txt

if you create a file with notes or other applications it is be named fullreset.txt.txt and ui16 doesn't recognize it!!

FIXED!!

• BigbitsBigbits Posts: 1
    Jacobo
    Did you have to reinstall up dates
  • When it rests the master password is it just blank and disabled?
  • So this reset bug is making me curse a lot. Why does the manual specifically say fullreset.txt? About a year ago I went through this same stupidness. Following the manual and it didn't work. over and over I tried to make it work. Then spent several hours finding the REAL answer here on the forum. And I forgot it happened and today went through the whole damn mess all over again.. Thanks Soundcraft.

As far as the networking loop one can get caught in, screw that. I installed a dedicated monitor, mouse and keyboard. Best move i ever made with this piece, which I love very much I might add.

• NickiNicki Posts: 1
    edited July 2022

If anyone is still having these issues I thought I ought to contribute. I followed these steps by DBsound above:

"Powered the unit off, waited 15 seconds, said a little prayer, inserted the drive, held down reset switch, powered on the unit while continuing to hold down reset, waited until Wi-Fi light was solid blue (about 25 seconds!), let go of reset, powered unit off, kept the usb stick in the drive and waited another 15 seconds or so, powered the unit on with the stick still in, and voila."

In fairness, I've followed these steps a dozen times unsuccessfully before but wasn't really paying attention to the wifi light.

The only other change I made, was unpacking the zip folder so that fullreset.txt file was the only file on the USB (something the manual specifically mentioned not to do - so.many.facepalms!)

What a mess! Good luck!

• What during the reset, I’m seeing the USB blinking and doing its thing, but my master green lights just keep pulsating. How long is that suppose to happen because it’s just been pulsating, and I don’t think it’s completely resetting. And I’ve followed literally every tiny detail on this thread 😅
  • ChristarChristar Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

Quick note. Just bought a previously owned Ui16 and wanted to start over from scratch with it. It was password protected from the previous owner and I couldn't reconfigure it as it was.

When creating your ".txt" file DO NOT name it "fullreset.txt".! Name the empty txt file simply "fullreset". The".txt" identifier will be added automatically by your computer when creating the document.! LOL! Same goes for "masterpass.txt". Simply name the empty text document "masterpass". Otherwise you end up with a file named "fullreset.txt.txt". It will not work. I made that simple mistake before realizing what I had done. Maybe some of you have made the same mistake.? Cheers!