Home AMX Design Tools

TPD4 2.11.619

jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining EngineerPosts: 2,901
Is anyone else having issues installing this? I tried installing it and it's giving me the error attached.

Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1

Comments

  • felixmoldovanfelixmoldovan Junior Member Posts: 197
    Running it without a problem on W7RC1...
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Junior Member Posts: 1,485
    Running fine on XP SP3.
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,901
    Hmmph . . . .
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Junior Member Posts: 1,485
    jjames wrote: »
    Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1

    Sometimes the problems are right under our eyes, but yet we overlook them.
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,901
    Sometimes the problems are right under our eyes, but yet we overlook them.
    Haha! Vista?

    I've never had a problem up until now . . . I'm wondering if some other software is causing the problem.
  • felixmoldovanfelixmoldovan Junior Member Posts: 197
    Run as administrator?
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,901
    Run as administrator?
    Still nothing.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Senior Member Posts: 966
    Try nuking windows, loading on a nice Linux distro, lobbying AMX to produce a native Linux version (while you're at it try to argue for a nix compiler as well) and installing that. Should do the trick :p
  • kbeattyAMXkbeattyAMX Junior Member Posts: 358
    jjames wrote: »
    Haha! Vista?

    I've never had a problem up until now . . . I'm wondering if some other software is causing the problem.

    Running fine on Vista Home Premium. Try loading TPD4 to a new directory.
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,901
    I finally got it. I installed it in safe mode.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Junior Member Posts: 4,584
    I'm surprised at this problem ... that DLL is a standard Microsoft shared DLL, and any installer worth it's salt should have put it in on a restart if it found the file busy. No doubt you had a program running at the time that was using it at the time.
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,901
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I'm surprised at this problem ... that DLL is a standard Microsoft shared DLL, and any installer worth it's salt should have put it in on a restart if it found the file busy. No doubt you had a program running at the time that was using it at the time.

    What was weird is that even after reboots I couldn't install. I couldn't even rename the file - complete access denied. Anyway - I did get it fixed though . . .
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Junior Member Posts: 4,584
    jjames wrote: »
    What was weird is that even after reboots I couldn't install. I couldn't even rename the file - complete access denied. Anyway - I did get it fixed though . . .

    Which means something that loads in your startup uses it. Install programs can flag something to be replaced before all that, which is why so many installers ask you to reboot ... I'm just scratching my head why this wasn't the case. The key here is you were able to load it in safe mode, which skips all non-essential strtup programs.
  • jjamesjjames AMX Sustaining Engineer Posts: 2,901
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Which means something that loads in your startup uses it. Install programs can flag something to be replaced before all that, which is why so many installers ask you to reboot ... I'm just scratching my head why this wasn't the case. The key here is you were able to load it in safe mode, which skips all non-essential strtup programs.

    I should go through my startup and see what's going on . . . I know I need to clean it up - it takes forever to boot up now, when it used to be quick. Once I find the answer as to which program uses it, I'll forward it off to AMX and let them know about it.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Original Member Posts: 562
    SPACE BUG!!!!

    If you type a file name an add a space at the end, TP4 saves it with the space at the end.
    There is no way to see this space unless you click on the name and move to the end of the file name.
    Can't say I've ever seen a OS or application do this before.

    Can't remember this ever happening in the older versions, but I was wrong once before. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.