Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Denon Blu Ray3800BBDCI

I am having issues getting control over this BluRay. Has anyone ever controlled on of these? If so could someone some sample code?

I tried the Include file that is floating around the forums with no luck.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Try this thread!

http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=3956&highlight=Denon&page=2

Some where in the middles of this page TonyAngelo posted a module for this which is what I've been using. Its complete with open com module/code so you can tailor it for your future needs.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    vining wrote: »
    Try this thread!

http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=3956&highlight=Denon&page=2

Some where in the middles of this page TonyAngelo posted a module for this which is what I've been using. Its complete with open com module/code so you can tailor it for your future needs.

I am using a modified version of it as well, as so far so good, thanks Tony!. I have found one bug and that is when the Blu-ray outputs Dolby TrueHD, the module seems to think its Dolby Digital. I am sure its a minor issue, but I haven't had time to look into it.
    Paul
  • Options
    ondrovicondrovic Posts: 217
    I tried using this but I'm not getting any information back from the device, I'm thinking its a cable issue but I'm not onsite.

Can someone verify that I have the baud right?
            SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'SET BAUD 9600,E,8,1 485 Disable'
    	SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'HSOFF'
    	SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'XOFF'

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    ondrovic wrote: »
    I tried using this but I'm not getting any information back from the device, I'm thinking its a cable issue but I'm not onsite.

Can someone verify that I have the baud right?

That looks fine. Don't forget you have to send it a status request command which is button 307 I believe in Tony's module.
    Paul
  • Options
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    That looks fine. Don't forget you have to send it a status request command which is button 307 I believe in Tony's module.
    Paul

Yes, I think in later versions I send this command any time I receive a power-on message, but it may not be that way in the version I posted. It is an include file though, so you can change it to suit your needs.
    DATA_EVENT[dvDenon3800]
    {
        ONLINE:
        {
    	stDenonBlu.PowerOnDelay=150
    	ON[stDenonBlu.CTS]
    	[dvDenon3800,255]=stDenonBlu.Power
        }
        STRING:
        {
    	STACK_VAR CHAR sMyBuf[50]
    	WHILE(FIND_STRING(stDenonBlu.RxBuf,"$03",1)) // while there's an end of message byte in the buffer
    	{
    	    sMyBuf = REMOVE_STRING(stDenonBlu.RxBuf,"$03",1) // pull out the message
    	    REMOVE_STRING(stDenonBlu.RxBuf,LEFT_STRING(stDenonBlu.RxBuf,2),1) // get rid of the checksum
    	    IF(LEFT_STRING(sMyBuf,1)="$02") // is this the beginning of a return message
    	    {
    		GET_BUFFER_CHAR(sMyBuf) // remove the $02
    		IF(FIND_STRING(sMyBuf,'DVD-',1)) // is this a power on message?
    		{
    		    // power msg parse
    		    STACK_VAR INTEGER nMyStart
    		    stDenonBlu.Power=1 // update variable
    		    stDenonBlu.StatusCode=0
    		    fnDenon3800Update()
    		    nMyStart = FIND_STRING(sMyBuf,'DVD-',1) // find the start of the device name
    		    stDenonBlu.Name = REMOVE_STRING(sMyBuf,'BD',nMyStart) // pull out the device name
    		    WAIT stDenonBlu.PowerOnDelay 'Power On Wait' // unit takes 15 secs after power on to respond to cmds
    		    {
    			ON[stDenonBlu.CTS]
    ***This turns on status transfers ---> fnDenon3800CmdSend(nDenon3800_StatusSend) // set to auto transfer mode
    		    }
    		}
    		ELSE // normal message
    		{
    		    fnDenon3800MsgParse(sMyBuf)
    		    ON[stDenonBlu.CTS]
    		}
    	    }
    	    ELSE
    	    {
    		// not the beginning
    		ON[stDenonBlu.CTS]
    		SEND_STRING 0, '!Denon3800 Rx Buffer error: Cant find the start of a new message!'
    	    }
    	}
        }
    }