Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX iPhone app

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Its curious that multi touch zooming isn't supported yet, at least as far as I can tell. Using VNC to the touch panel, you can zoom in on areas of the UI which is very handy. The TPC doesn't seem to support that at the moment. I wonder if that will be implemented later. I certainly hope so, as that was the one feature I was waiting for.
    Paul
  • amdpoweramdpower Posts: 110
    I'm not sure I'd like that much. I'd rather have a static page that was designed for the interface. I can see how it would be useful if you needed to put a lot on the panel but I don't think that's what the app is aimed at.

Now, if only I could pinch to zoom this iPod Touch to turn it into an iPad...
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    NOT an AMX PRODUCT

TPCONTROL is an AMX PARTNER. AMX will not sell this product.

iTeleport (JAADU) lets you zoom because it has brought an image from the native panel to your iPhone. That image can be moved and zoomed.

TPCONTROL makes a real panel that does real panel things right inside your iPhone. Just like a real panel, it does NOT "zoom".
    I only said that I thought AMX MIGHT sell the app because of what TPC originally posted on their site (that they had found a "DISTRIBUTOR" and the launch would be delayed). I really don't care where I get it from. I'm sure AMX is getting a cut either way so that TPC could be an Authorized Product Partner.
    John Nagy wrote: »
    iTeleport (JAADU) lets you zoom because it has brought an image from the native panel to your iPhone. That image can be moved and zoomed.

Yes, I understand the technology.
    TPCONTROL makes a real panel that does real panel things right inside your iPhone. Just like a real panel, it does NOT "zoom".

I realize it doesn't "zoom", hence my post. I have customers that use JAADU and they like to set up their media zoomed out and then once its running zoom into the transport buttons so that they fill the screen making them very easy to control. I like the way that works and expected similar features from the TPC app. Hopefully they will implement this feature.
    Paul
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    they like to set up their media zoomed out and then once its running zoom into the transport buttons so that they fill the screen making them very easy to control. I like the way that works

Why not create a popup that contains just those transport buttons and go to the popup on a certain condition. Could even add a button called "zoom".

Jeff
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Why not create a popup that contains just those transport buttons and go to the popup on a certain condition. Could even add a button called "zoom".

Jeff

People also like to zoom into the volume control bargraph/buttons when listening to music. With zooming, whatever group of buttons they are using they can zoom in and make large. Great for kids or older people with poor eyesight who aren't so adept at hitting small buttons on a touch screen.
    Paul
    You could add scroll features to the popup to make it "scroll" to a different popup that is zoomed on a different area. You could also create a separate theme or panel file that removes the more esoteric functions and makes the normal buttons big and easy to use... depending on the client and the situation. (There is also the option of a larger panel :) )

Jeff
    Zoom

I don't know who is and isn't in the beta - Riot, if you are, you should put in a feature request. Since this isn't an AMX feature, it isn't actually on their full function roadmap.

If you aren't in the BETA, let me know and I'll submit your suggestion.
    zoom

I submitted this and they replied that it is under consideration for a future release.
  • bogdanbogdan Posts: 42
    Are dynamic images supported in iPhone or future iPad by TPControl software?
    Yes they are!
  • John PaulJohn Paul Posts: 143
    Saving in Iphone resolutions

I have a 5200i panel type TPD4 file which i want to save in iPhone panel type [320x480] and i am not able to do it without the buttons getting mixed up. The TPD4 file is about 20 mb and i dont want to recreate the panel from scratch, is there any alternative ?

Also do the iphone TPControl App have a memory limitation on the TPD4 file like the NXV-300?
    John Paul wrote: »
    I have a 5200i panel type TPD4 file which i want to save in iPhone panel type [320x480] and i am not able to do it without the buttons getting mixed up. The TPD4 file is about 20 mb and i dont want to recreate the panel from scratch, is there any alternative ?

Also do the iphone TPControl App have a memory limitation on the TPD4 file like the NXV-300?

Try using 480x320 instead (move the slider to higher res).

Jeff
    the 320x480 is the resolution which the client wants , guess i ll ve to create it from scratch
    You might go to the 480x320 size first (if the 320x480 makes the buttons too small) then move to 320x480 without scaling and then just rearrange the buttons on the page.

Jeff
    Limit?
    John Paul wrote: »

First, beta users aren't supposed to be discussing technical problems except in TPCONTROL's own bug system - it's in the agreement to be a beta tester.

But I can tell you we have fairly huge TPD4 files we are using without issue. 15 Megabyte after conversion.

What is the memory limit you mention in the NXV300? We've used this same and even larger files in one without memory issues - it can't handle large fast quantities of commands without going offline, but we haven't seen a memory issue.

Thanks,
    John
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I have a 22.9 MEG file runninng but when it was bigger it didn't. Unfortunately I neglected to check the file size before I trimmed it but I could always convert from the original again and see.
  • ProdigalProdigal Posts: 90
    Well as stated we really can't talk a lot about the problems outside the official TPControl website.

But at the moment I did had one Touch Panel of 5mb that couldn't load, but then one of 3.5mb worked fine. Still have to report this plus some other things.

But let me tell you that for the moment I am completely impressed. By the speed of it, the simplicity, the compatibility, and the LOADING speed, at least in a 3GS, makes it really useful.

They show a lot of effort on the development, and very active and prone to hear suggestions and bugs. This is very positive, it really is.

I have no idea how will this be sold, but the shear fact that it exists already, is a difference from 0 to infinite. Let's hope they keep it "real" ;)
    Not a beta tester
    First, beta users aren't supposed to be discussing technical problems except in TPCONTROL's own bug system - it's in the agreement to be a beta tester.

Hey John,

rest assured i am not in the pre release testers list, i was just curious. Thanks for the support though
    More update

Testing and new builds with corrections continue on the TPControl project. It appears they are getting close to a release announcement. Testing is beginning on the iPad as well, it should be available shortly after the the iPhone version as it shares nearly all the heavy code.
  • bogdanbogdan Posts: 42
    Any news on the release date.

Thanks
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    Infocomm is coming up in a few weeks, if they are going to release anything soon it will be there.
  • korsokorso Posts: 2
    What can I do not understand ...
    This is NOT an AMX product, and the folks working on it are not particularly INFOCOMM involved. It's NOT being held back for any reason except to make it as perfect as possible when it comes out. Nothing can ever change the only chance you get to make a first impression. It's progressing well, their attention to detail exceeds my expectations. But I can't see it being ready in less than another two weeks. That's not to say it's got major problems. But the effort to make it do -everything- right the first time is dragging out a bit. If it were released today, as is, most users would say WOW, THAT'S GREAT and work around the sore bits. But that's not the impression they are going for. It will be really, really great when they release, of this I feel certain. And the iPad version will likely follow immediately, as it shares all the logic that makes the little one work.... and it is the same task in a different resolution for the iPad.

See attachments...
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
    Cool

I'm telling only what I understand from actually communicating with those who are actually involved. They could be lying to me, but I doubt that. The domain info you site is dated less than a month ago, and we know we don't know all the agreements and cooperative moves that may be in place. I'd like to think I'm just sharing the best I can. I'd guess they are tied to the AMX site as they plan e-commerce directly with AMX dealers. Its already assumed that AMX is involved for licensing reasons. Anyway, we'll see soon.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    korso wrote: »
    See attachments...

nice, touche :)
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    This is NOT an AMX product, and the folks working on it are not particularly INFOCOMM involved. It's NOT being held back for any reason except to make it as perfect as possible when it comes out. Nothing can ever change the only chance you get to make a first impression. It's progressing well, their attention to detail exceeds my expectations. But I can't see it being ready in less than another two weeks. That's not to say it's got major problems. But the effort to make it do -everything- right the first time is dragging out a bit. If it were released today, as is, most users would say WOW, THAT'S GREAT and work around the sore bits. But that's not the impression they are going for. It will be really, really great when they release, of this I feel certain. And the iPad version will likely follow immediately, as it shares all the logic that makes the little one work.... and it is the same task in a different resolution for the iPad.

How much money do you want to bet they make an announcement at infocomm? I have no inside knowledge, but they almost always announce new product releases at trade shows.
  • iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    I just hope they do.

There it is, no sarcy comment, no having a pop.

I really hope the Beta is going well and I appreciate all work that is being done on it.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Nice editing job. :)

Starting with this:
    John Nagy wrote:
    Glad you have reality all arranged how you like it....

And ending up with this:
    John Nagy wrote:
    I'm telling only what I understand from actually communicating with those who are actually involved. They could be lying to me, but I doubt that. The domain info you site is dated less than a month ago, and we know we don't know all the agreements and cooperative moves that may be in place. I'd like to think I'm just sharing the best I can. I'd guess they are tied to the AMX site as they plan e-commerce directly with AMX dealers. Its already assumed that AMX is involved for licensing reasons. Anyway, we'll see soon.